Friday, July 17, 2015

Olive Branches and Doves


Genesis 8:11, 12 
11 The dove came to him toward evening, and behold, in her beak was a freshly picked olive leaf. So Noah knew that the water was abated from the earth. 12 Then he waited yet another seven days, and sent out the dove; but she did not return to him again.

So where did we leave off....oh yes New Years, well so far so good.........it can sometimes seem a bit surreal when you actually stop and look back over all of the miles that you've had to walk to be standing where you are. I'll be honest with you; there was time when I really wasn't sure how I would keep going. I thank God daily for my children because if I didn't have them, I just don't know how I would have been able to keep going.

I think the key is just that, to keep going. Knowing that until this world is no more there will continue to be a sunrise and a sunset, and as long as you keep waking up to a new day you can make it......and before you know it where there was once only water, the residue of the storms that you have endured, your dove will be able to retrieve an olive branch.

I'm not going to tell you what I whispered to God in the dark, but I will tell you this, I know that He heard me and sent His dove with an olive branch for me. Does that mean that troubles are over? No it doesn't. I still have many hurdles to climb before this process is over but I'm just going to keep watching for the rainbow.


Posted by La'Tanya Williams-Brisbon at 6:41 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment