Friday, July 17, 2015

2012 Stepping Into the Real


Well my people......I made it, and if you're reading this you made it into 2012 also. For the last few days I was inundated with the question, "What are your New Year's Resolutions?" Honestly, I'm not making any. I decided there isn't a need.

2012 Isn't going to be a year of me setting goals, sometime totally unrealistic, and then not being able to meet them. For me, 2012 is going to be a year of self discovery, a journey into "the me" that I am mean to be. When I actually think about it, it makes me pause and take a deep breath because I actually don't know what that's going to entail.

I do know that I want to make some changes, but I'm choosing to look at them as more of a shift in lifestyle. I want these changes to be permanent. I'm looking forward to spreading my wings, letting them catch a strong current and see where they take me. The way that I see it, there's nothing standing in my way but me.

When the clock struck midnight the first minute of the new year....I knew that I had to leave behind everything that I was clinging to that was going to keep me from moving forward......so that little bit of hope that I was clinging to, that the "soon-to-be" and myself might have a chance to get back together......it had to go the way of all things. It was time for me to "Step Into The Real", time to step into the reality that things are what they are. For the last 7 almost 8 months I've been walking somewhere between awake and asleep. That place where you're not sure if you're awake or dreaming. Well, all of this is real and it's time to walk in it.....and I'm cool with that.

"Stepping into the real", that's going to be my theme for the New Year, and I'm going to be holding God's hand all the way.

And to anyone else that maybe going through a separation or a divorce, just hang in there. You may start out just trying to get from one minute to the next, then the minutes will turn to hours, the hours today, and before you know it......well, you get my meaning.


So I'm off to step into the real....you wanna come?

No comments:

Post a Comment