Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 9 - Today Just Sucked


I don't know what it was about today....maybe it was the fact that we've had rain and gray skies for three days in a row....but today was the first day that the reality of my situation set in...somebody pinched me and I knew this all hadn't been the bad dream that I thought it was.

This is real....I'm a single mother with four children and my marriage has joined the statistics of the failed efforts....and I did cry.

What do I have to hold on to? The knowledge that in my entire life God has never failed me and I know that He won't fail me now....not now....

I just have to keep that thought in front of me...this is going to be a short entry, because I'm super tired.....it's that weird to the bone, funky tired that I get after I've cried. I think God allows me to get that super tired feeling after the tears so that I'll lay my body down and let Him whisper to my spirit.

Today was about truly letting go......


Roberta Flack Bridge over Troubled Water


No comments:

Post a Comment