Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 12 - Searching For Serenity

Today, was a VERY interesting day...I guess it was sort of like the weather we've been having changing from gray to sunny and then rain literally in a matter of minutes.


The one thing that I did realize today is that right now, trying to talk to my "soon to be ex" about anything other than when are you going to drop off the car and the grocery money is a pure waste of my breath.

Right now everything that I try to talk to him about leads down the path of the "what I(me) did wrong" lane.....and I'm sick of it. It physically and emotionally wears me out, and I don't want to do it anymore....so I'm not.

People going through recovery have a saying, "Surrendering to a higher power." I surrender, but not to an unnamed "Higher Power", but to Almighty God. I realize that I am powerless in this situation.

Right now I'm going to focus on my family, which now consists of my children and myself....everything else I'm going to leave in God's hands.



"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen."
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6


Posted by La'Tanya Williams-Brisbon at 10:02 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment