Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 7 - One Week Down....A Life Time to Go


Inside I felt like time has been standing still, but according to the calendar, it's been seven days since my husband told the kids and myself that he was divorcing me and moving out.

It serves to remind me as my mother used to always say to me, "Time waits for no man." Before I know it, two weeks will have passed, then three then 20...

I really did miss him today...I found myself wondering if he was missing me at all. I don't wish him any hurt, but i guess I say to myself if he ever loved me at all, shouldn't he miss me? But I'll never ask him that. I'm not looking for closure, I'm just biding my time until God allows my hurt to fade away.

I want to remember the good and be able to forget the rest, after all this man is the father of my children, and because of that, he will always be a part of my life in some way.

Yesterday, I was at lunch and I saw an older woman sitting alone waiting for her food to arrive, and for some reason she struck me as lonely. It wasn't because she was sitting alone, it was the look on her face. I looked at her wedding ring finger and I didn't see a ring. I looked at my wedding ring finger, at the deep groove and the lighter skin that's a dead giveaway that rings once occupied that space. I thought to myself, I don't want to be like her, I don't want to grow old and be alone....

The sun rises and the sun sets, and this too shall pass


Posted by La'Tanya Williams-Brisbon at 10:28 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment