Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 6 to Sleep or Not To Sleep...That Is the Question


You know it's funny...I went months with very little sleep, staying awake with the assistance of my best friend coffee. All I wanted to do was get some sleep! I stayed up late to study...a wife, mother, career woman, and student. I really couldn't get to my studies until late at night....I couldn't wait to crawl into my bed, sometimes as late as two or three in the morning. I would just want to crawl into my bed next to my husband and curl myself into him. Time alone in our house was at a minimum...all of our schedules ridiculously hectic, so when I would crawl into bed and he would gather me to him...words weren't necessary...and I would sleep a peaceful sleep...most of the time.

But none of this happened over night, after a time I would come to bed and warmth and closeness, started to turn into something else. Oh I know we still loved each other..but it wasn't the same.

He told my mother that he wanted to break it to me after my finals were over....how considerate....as if when he told me would make any difference......

So classes are over...not taking classes for the summer...I could finally go to bed at a decent hour, but tonight, for some reason I just don't want to go up there....so the inter-venous coffee drip that I have going on should keep me awake for a while.

What I realize is that even though we had gotten to the place where we might not hold each other every night, there were the nights that we still would...some times is better than "no times".

Matthew 11 28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Posted by La'Tanya Williams-Brisbon at 10:47 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment