Thursday, July 16, 2015

This Woman's Work....My Work


Ok, I've come to the realization that if this particular blog is going to work, I'm only going to be able to write in it when I really feel inspired. So there it is.....

That being said, last week, I decided to watch the movie "Love and Basketball", this is one of the best "Chocolate Chick Flicks" that I can think of...the other is "Jason's Lyric". Anyway, I was watching the movie not realizing that deep down, I really wasn't ready for a serious chick flick, let alone this one.

Why this movie in particular? For two specific reasons, 1. It's a great Chick Flick, two, it was while watching this movie for the first time that I heard the song "Woman's Work" by Maxwell for the first time.  (This song by the way is one of the few that cuts right to my soul, every time) So I'm in the kitchen watching the movie, the scene with the song comes on, and before you know it, I'm sitting in my chair crying my eyes out. Not loud over the top crying, but the deep painful crying.....and I have NO reason why.

But I do know this...I'm going to keep on moving on. Keeping my head up, doing what I need to do each day to get through this journey.....but just for a while, maybe I'll lay of the "Chick Flicks".


This too shall pass~

*Update - I have long since gotten to the place where I can watch a great chick flick and only shed the tears that say "How beautiful is THAT!", those are the good kind of tears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment