Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Rhythm of Life


There's a natural rhythm of our lives...the internal force that dictates the how, the what, and then when. I was walking to work the other day and it occurred to me that my internal rhythm was being fine tuned and re calibrated.

For so long my life was geared around someone else's needs, what they want to eat, what they want to do, what they like, what they want period. Now mind you, I do have children and they have needs that I gladly attend to....but now things are different. Some of the differences are actually pretty nice.

There's a sense of freedom, the freedom to become, grow and evolve into the person that I'm supposed to be. So for now, I'm just going to go with it and see where it leads.


This Saturday was a good day.....



*Update - What I have learned over the years between when I wrote this piece and now is that our individual rhythms are a continuously evolving thing. There is no end to the journey of finding yourself. There in lies the beauty of it all. We have no way way of knowing what each day will bring, but if we are fortunate enough to wake in the land of the living, and draw our first breath of that new day, rest assured a change is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment