Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Life in a Series of Fridays

This week was REALLY great.....until Friday that is. That was the day that the "soon to be ex” came over to try and help me with my air conditioner. People, I looked at him and he looked really good! It looked as if he had lost at least 10 lbs.

It was at that moment that I began to feel as if the entire universe was conspiring against me. Not only does this man leave me after almost 20 years, but he has the nerve to have been working out, losing weight and looking amazing! I felt as if I had to do something anything to make the field of competition level. After all, this is a competition isn't it?

From the moment that he left, I've had on my mind the fact that I needed to make myself look good, not solely for the purpose of rubbing his face in the fact that he left a good  woman, but just for me and my self confidence. I thought I was doing fairly well...that is until this past Friday.

So what did I decide to do.....I decided to be like a race horse with blinders on. I'm not going to worry about what he's doing; I'm just going to run my race.



At the beginning of the summer I decided that I was going to take a vacation day every other Friday, partly so that I could do summer fun things with the kids, but also so I could focus on how I can make our lives better. Things have been coming along slowly but surely. But after this past Friday I decided to change one thing that I had been putting off, my bedroom. If you've been following along, you know how important this room was to us, this was the one place that we as a couple were able to come together after a day of madness and just let the whole world melt away, and just be the two of us. But the two of us are no more. So I needed to put a new spin a more personal, singular spin on my room. So that's what I did. I was afraid to move his things, but I did. Just to get them out of eyesight. My room now feels like it's free.

I don't know what all of my Friday's are going to bring, but for now I'm just going to run my race, making changes in my life in a series of Fridays.

~And this too shall pass

Posted by La'Tanya Williams-Brisbon at 9:45 PM 

* Update - Even after all this time, I find myself feeling as if there is a competition going on. No nearly as much as I used to but more often than I would like. It's in those moments that I take a deep breath and readjust my blinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment