Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Days 17 and 18 - One Small Victory at a Time


I'm learning to take pleasure in the small achievements that I make along this journey. Usually I have a bit of anxiety on the weekends...that's when I see him, every Saturday....but you know what, this time I felt just a bit stronger than I did the week before.

I think I felt a little stronger because I've been doing some soul searching, and I I realize that I have to find myself. I need to find out who I am, what I like, who I want to be, but most of all what God wants me to be. I've lived my entire life trying to somehow morph into the perfect person that someone else want me to be. But how can you live trying to please another person? We as people are all flawed, fallible...If a person can't love you for who you are then they don't love you. But more than that if you don't know who you are yourself, how can they know the real you....and that was my error.

So I'm on the road to finding out who I am, to becoming the best me that I can be, so that I can be at my best not matter if I'm with someone else, or just with me, myself and I.


Free to be me! Siempre Libre!

  


 * Update - I am SO much stronger now than I was when I wrote this post. It takes time, but hang in there! I promise you that if you embrace the process, the good and the not so good, you will become stronger. Just remember, you have to love yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment